Saturday, July 11, 2009

New Job

Well, I new the day would soon approach when I would have to start working again... I had hoped that it would be a teaching job with sweet benefits and a sassy classroom with a fridge. Apparently, however, a history teacher (especially one who is not a coach) is not very marketable at the moment. Having realized that I might have to go back to Olive Garden, I desperately applied for jobs online and checked the classifieds. After meeting with much failure, our good friend Eric who works at the Cache Valley Youth Center told me that I might be able to get on there.

Fast forward two weeks, here I am at 11:14 at the beginning of my shift. I am part time which means they call me and ask me to fill in on shifts. Most of them are graves from 11- 6, which are perfect for me. Molly sleeps from 10- 6 every night so I never have to miss a feeding or anything.

Last night was my first night. I came prepared with my 44oz of diet dr. pepper, pretzels, cherries, and popcorn. I also brought a book, crochet needle and yarn. I was prepared for a long night. It actually wasn't that bad. I stayed awake just fine and wasn't even nervous about the drive home and I didn't even eat all of the food I brought. I got home, fed molly, and then passed out. I had no idea what was going on because Kade took Molly with him and when it was time to eat just fed her a bottle. What a great husband! I woke up at 1:00 feeling refreshed and enjoyed the rest of my day. Now, I am back for my second grave. 9:00 church could be interesting.

Since I have ample time on my hands during these graves I was thinking I could share my opinion on a specific issue or idea on each shift. Please leave me some comments on ideas.

2 comments:

Marybeth said...

Oh you poor woman..I hated nights. However, I know there are still some night owls out there! Maybe you should have added on your teaching application your mad softball skills! I hope this job works ok for you. Don't you hate paying the bills?

Mike and Kim said...

I am happy for you that you found a job! Sorry its during the night but at least you get to be with Molly still. Hopefully soon you can find a teaching job when times get better. Keep me posted and good luck!