I keep prolonging posting until I get the pictures off of my camera from Molly and I's little jaunt to California. We went to a cousin's wedding with my mom. It was a fabulous trip and we have some awesome pictures that I will post soon. But on to Turkey Day. This year it seemed harder to get the fam together, some working, some living elsewhere, you know. So we had the pleasure of some of my family actually coming up to my house.
After I suggested it I thought, "what am I thinking" but the closer I got the more excited I was. It worked out well because I have to work tonight so that way we wouldn't have to do a lot of traveling or anything. Anyway, the food was great. Kade deep fried a turkey and made homemade root beer, he took the responsibility very seriously and it really paid off. I made a couple pumpkin pies with my fresh pumpkin puree among other things. Every one chipped in and while eating on paper plates we really enjoyed ourselves.
Poor Kade had to go out to work while the majority of the family fell asleep on couches and a few of us girls snuck into our king size bed and watched some tv. Molly took a killer nap and overall it was a great day. I really appreciate my family travelling out to the frozen tundra in the middle of no where to enjoy the day with us.








2 comments:
fried turkey and homemade root beer? I knew their was a reason we got along so well.
Thank you for a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. We loved the company, the fried turkey, the root beer, the pumpkin pie..etc. But my favorite memory is piling on your bed and just talking and watching tv. All my love, Mom
Post a Comment