Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lately....

Lately, I have been subbing up at Preston Junior High School. I have really enjoyed it, although 13 year old boys are still wierd. Apparently, the word "duty" is hilarious along with "Hancock" and "Dickinson". I swear I can't say anything without awkward little giggles. Even with all of that, Junior High kids can be so fun. I can't help but just laugh with them or at them most of the time.
Molly is getting gigantic. She isn't crawling and only rolls over after a lot of encouragement and sometimes a reminder of how to do it. She growls when she is really mad or really happy. Sometimes she laughs. You really have to work for it. I see these kids who giggle at everything their parents do and maybe Kade and I just aren't very funny, but that can't be true. But you definitely have to work for her giggle, I think that shows a sign of higher intellect. Maybe if I put in one of my favorite Christopher Guest movies she would enjoy that. Anyway, she eats like a champ except she likes her veggies more than her fruits. When on her belly she either scoots back wards, changes direction or whines. She loves paper, plastic and anything else she isn't supposed to have. Her baths have become total mayhem. She splashes uncontrollably and then throws an all out fit when she has to get dressed. Now, she tries to shove my hands off of her when I'm getting her dressed. She has got some serious attitude when she wants to or she can be a delightful child. You never know what you are going to get. She also loves to fake cough and spit everywhere. I think a second tooth might be coming in. I guess we will see....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

addison was hard to make laugh too. I remember the first day she did. and it warmed my heart and i kept doing the same thing that made her laugh the first time, and she never laughed again for like 3 months! I agree its because it takes so much to intellectually stimulate them! :) we have genius children!

Amy + Justin said...

jonas laughs at everything. but his head is in the 14th percentile and my mom says it's because he has a tiny brain...so I don't know, you and melissa may be on to something.

Lynette said...

Oh my, Vanessa does this fake cough thing all day long! It is so weird, I can't figure out what ever gave her the idea to just do that.