Friday, November 27, 2009

Post Turkey Day

I suppose it is time to blog. Lately, I just haven't been in the mood for a number of reasons:
1. Nothing new is happening.
2. My normal life isn't exciting.
3. I'm not creative like many of you who can post about their thoughts, feelings, ideas and make it entertaining.

But, I need to remember I am doing this for myself, a journal, not for comments, right?!?

Anywho, I am now subbing at White Pine Middle School in Richmond. So far, I really like it. It is only a ten minute drive and I'm only there from 7:30 to 11:30 am. Also, no offense to PJHS but the kids are so much better. The class sizes are about the same but for some reason the kids behave. For example, on Tuesday we were doing some reading assignments. Obviously they all read at their own pace. Well, when they finished, and the other students weren't done, they got out a reading book and read silently. I honestly sat there in shock, my mouth was probably hanging open. So hopefully this is a sign of things to come. I will be there until christmas.

Molly is a giant. She loves to scream, eat anything, listen to the theme song of the Office, pat you on the shoulder when you hold her, snort when she laughs, roll from back to stomach (but only on the same side), she is almost thinking about crawling but I am secretly preventing her being mobile, watch me cook or do the dishes, she loves to look at pictures of herself, and going out to see Jamal. She eats all of her foods really well, she actually prefers vegetables. She doesn't really like to nurse anymore, there are too many things to see. So I have cut back to nursing three times a day and I'm pretty sure I will be done within the next month. If she doesn't want to do it, I am more than fine with giving that up. The only thing is the cost of formula is outrageous. However, for all of you moms out there, you should buy your formula at Sam's Club. It is the exact same as Enfamil but it is at least twice the size and cheaper.

Kade is staying busy on the farm while trying to attend as many sporting events as possible. We went to his grandparent's for thanksgiving which was delicious. Most of his cousins were there and it was so fun to see everyone! It is already time for a Clue rematch!

3 comments:

Blair and Lyndsay said...

I also buy Sam's formula. Great deal!

This Idaho Girl said...

I think it's good that you're getting your foot in the door at schools around the valley. Also, I'm quite certain that Cache pays their subs more than minimum wage. I mistakenly let my Utah license expire. Guess it will be Praxis for me when I'm ready to go back to work. I'm not opposed to working in Preston, but Cache has better benefits. Are you itching to teach because I am.

Unknown said...

It was wonderful seeing the 3 of you today. Molly is getting so big and so beautiful! What a sweet personality she has. Her smile is a bright as a sunflower. Love you all.