Every year the Tarbet clan goes to St. George in the spring to get in our first golf of the year. I didn't get to go last year because of a growing issue in my belly that caused bed rest. So, I wasn't going to let it happen again. Molly stayed with my parents and I'm pretty sure she didn't even want to come home when we got back. I'm glad she had as much as we did.
So anyway, we left on Thursday and stayed in Kelsey and Brady's time share which was great. We got up Friday morning and started the drive to the golf course. Phil had done some work out in the middle of nowhere Nevada and got us on a course designed by Jack Nicklaus and is usually $150 for 18 holes but we got to go for free. So we drove past Mesquite, took a random exit, passed a shut down gas station and a few houses, kept driving, kept driving, a half hour off the free way later an oasis in the middle of the desert appeared. We almost missed it. It is called the Chase at Coyote Springs. Apparently the developers have plans for two more golf courses and 70,000 homes. It was pretty crazy. Anyway, we pulled up and some guys got our clubs out and got us all set up on a cart. They gave us each a bucket of balls and sent us to the driving range before our tee time. It was a beautiful course. I was completely out of shape and had maybe one or two redeeming shots. On the way home we stopped in Mesquite and ate at the buffet. Then Kade and I played some blackjack and won our dinner back plus a little something. The other night I found a $5 chip in my purse that didn't get turned in so if anyone is going to Mesquite soon give me a call.
We also spent some time playing tennis and playing in the pool which for some reason I did not get any pictures. Too bad, I know you would have all enjoyed pictures of my in my bikini and Kade in his speedo!
Some other highlights: shopping at Target twice, the outlets, eating a lot. Thanks St. George, see you next year! More pictures to come.








4 comments:
Really? You had to post that one? It looks like a gut not so much a belly with a baby in it.
I like your details better. You explain it all much better.
Sounds like fun! I love St. George. Also, I am not coming home to visit before the baby is born. I am moving straight to Albuquerque on May 15 then having my baby like 4 weeks later. I hope it all works out. So, I am planning a trip home later in the summer to bring the baby too. :)
Glad to hear that you contributed to our state income tax by gambling - that's why we don't pay any!!!
Post a Comment