Pre-children I remember looking at other's children in church misbehaving and thinking, "my child will never behave like that in church." Molly, from birth, did not do so well in church. There must be a smell or something because no matter how she was behaving before we got to church, as soon as we walked in the monster came out. She just wants to run and play. Even when she was a new born she refused to sleep more than 10 minutes during church.
Well, after several instances of leaving sacrament meeting or Sunday school with Molly waving to everyone and saying buh-bye I realized that this was getting out of control, she knew what to do to get exactly what she wanted. So the past few weeks everytime we went out I wouldn't let her down, I wanted to make her more miserable than she would have been outside. After screaming, kicking, biting and even some sweat we were both exhausted. She sees the other kids going to nursery and really wants to go so I asked the Primary President if she could go in early (6 weeks). She said yes, but if she cried I would have to stay up there with her. I took Molly up, she acted like she owned the place. She got out toys, a baby and just went to town. She even watched me leave and couldn't have cared less. I did have to change the usual diaper during Sunday school and she was mad that she had to leave to do that. I actually heard the lessons and had a hard time relaxing at first but it was priceless. I even got to make a comment in Relief Society. I don't remember the last time church felt so good.









5 comments:
I hear ya JEss. I was counting down the days til nursery and when addison was 16 months we got put in as nursery leaders!! Oy vey! We were recently released and the first sunday addison free was inspirational. It had been a seriously long time since i felt the spirit so strong!! So awesome. (except now addison is regressing and is the crying child and they have to come find me all the time)
Last week a woman in Christina's ward turned around and told Amelia to be quiet..you are not alone.
Also, I am also missing July-do you think we could turn back time? One last thing--your kitchen looks absolutely beautiful. I really need to come for a live tour someday!
I've been thinking of doing the same thing with Ruby. I think she would love Nursery..she's a wild one too! I want them to get together sometime, I think it would be so funny!
i hope sunday number two was just and enjoyable.
Sounds all too familiar!
Post a Comment