I think it is official. According to my extensive expertise in the field of psychology, and by extensive I mean none, my daughter may have a very specific form of OCD that is focused on chairs. Now I know many of you will leave comments saying that toddlers like to organize things but I'm just saying, this is weird. So the past few days, in a row I might add, Molly has come into the kitchen while I'm cooking and arranges the chairs. Now the first day she lined them up side by side and I might add that they were perfectly aligned (she even managed to blockade herself out of the kitchen which didn't end well). The next day they were in a row front to back. Yesterday they were in pairs, two in the front perfectly aligned, and two right behind them perfectly aligned. In the process of arranging them they often get stuck when I tried to help her she freaked out at me, if I waited for her to ask for help she was fine with it, but only to get the chair mobile again. She arranges them and then leaves the room like nothing has changed. She doesn't ask for recognition or even care if you notice. It's as though she is satisfying some inner need to have the chairs arranged her way. Maybe this is a creative outlet. Maybe this little girl will become very famous through her provocative chair art work.
Monday, February 7, 2011
My daughter diagnosed....
Speaking of the little girl Molly is chattering away constantly and sometimes whole intelligible sentences escape. I'm amazed at what she picks up. Molly and I have always had the same little conversation when she wants something, usually a treat- Molly: "I wan treat" Me: "What do you say?" Molly: "Peas" Me:"And" Molly:"Tank ew". Well yesterday it went more like this- Molly: "I wan treat" Me: "What do you say?" Molly: "Peas...an tank ew". I have often wondered if she is actually listening to me. There is my answer.
PS Sorry I'm so lame with no pictures lately, I promise they are to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
I LOVE HER!! Little kids are so wierd! And entertaining! Are you coming over this week! I think our two weirds should play!
You look so gorgeous in your family pictures- Love them! I also love the post about the hidden items in the drawers, sounds like you have a jokester on your hands.
yes, children do listen. when the barringtons were visiting, amelia said "shit head" over and over. her mom claims she doesn't know where she got it from. hmmm....
Post a Comment