I just needed to take a little study break and complain and since Kade is at work and probably sick of hearing about it anyway, I will vent to the blogging universe! In the teacher program you have to take some texts which are referred to as the Praxis exams! I have to take three of them. The first of which is tomorrow. I will be taking World History Content Knowledge. That's right, just the whole history of the world. No big deal. So I have been diligently studying for a few weeks and it has now consumed my what would have been a lovely spring break! I find myself mindlessly reading and re reading study guides and any bit of history I can find on the internet, text books and old notes. How can they expect me to take a multiple choice test on the entire history of the world all at one time!! The last time I took a class that even mentioned chinese civ was at least 7 years ago! Oh and PS I had to pay $140 to take it. That is just the cherry on top. I get to wake up on my lovely Saturday and take the test at 7:30! I'm sure it will all go fine but I am so sick of studying I want to barf! So thanks for listening!
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








13 comments:
I want to say I can feel your pain because I have to take the PRAXIS on April 26th -- but I only have to take ONE! I haven't studied AT ALL and was totally going to start over spring break -- but my job has consumed my break. Lovely.
Are you kidding me? I am sooo sorry!!! Good luck tomorrow you will be great and we will be praying for you!
Hey Jess! It was so fun to see your blog. It is amazing who you can find when you're just surfing people's blogs! :) I loved reading about your latest. If you're interested, I have a blog as well: favoritefriendsjournal.blogspot.com. You'll have to email me first to get the password to get in: kristi.c.law@gmail.com
So fun to find your blog! Glad you're doing well.
Hope the studying paid off! Tests stink big time!!!
Jess I am sure you did great! You are so smart. Hope you are doing well. And, I too think you need to drive out here to see me. That would be so much fun!.
you are hilarious. I am sure that you passed it with no problem.
I hope your test went swell. You probably didn't get the type of rest you needed because of the absence of the uni-bed, but what can you do. So did you see that Melissa had her baby? She's like the ultimate Josh-Melissa mix, cute, but so weird.
dude, i took the praxis last weekend too! mine wasn't a history one..but I HATED taking that test. what a BEAST! i think we should come up with some standardized test for "the man." that way we can stick it to him.
Jess! thank you for the visit and lunch yesterday! it was so refreshing to have, not just an adult stop by, but one that I adore so much! It really was fun to chat. Call me anytime. Love ya.
Welcome to the world of teaching. Just wait until you certify. There are so many hoops to jump through. For example, I had to pay to take a technology test for my ID license. They shouldn't make you pay for something required. It's SOOOOOO dumb. Hope you passed!
I found your blog through Melissa (Barson) Miller's. I went to school with kade. YOu guys are a cute couple. I was wondering if Kara has a blog.
Jess I love your new background, so cute! How are you? I miss you, Sorry I'm pretty bad at calling a lot. Talk to you soon!
I am glad it is over for you. One day this will all be history... pun intended.
It sounds like you had a great time in SG. Love you much.
Mom JO
Post a Comment