Well this weekend is technically my graduation. However, considering the fact that it is December every weekend somehow gets swallowed up into some kind of festivity. This weekend is particularly exciting (there is truly no sarcasm). Kade and I get to attend the annual Dairy Farmers of America Conference for Young Cooperators. Now, some of you may be thinking, "jessica, why would you want to go to a meeting for Dairy Farmers?" Well in reply I would say, "Actually they are a good time. They talk about things that I usually don't understand but Kade guides me through, but some of the discussions are about real issues that I think are pretty fascinating." But there is also something else that brings me to Salt Lake to talk about Cows..... a free nights stay at Little America! I want you all to know that I will make sure to take notes and I will give you a full report on any and all Dairy Issues when we get home.
Now you may be thinking that this sounds like a full weekend but the conference is only on Thursday and Friday. Now for the last few years my mom and I have driven down to Las Vegas to meet my Grandma and Aunt from California before Christmas. Well we could not forego this tradition just because of a little pregnancy. So, friday night my mom and I are taking off. The four day weekend in Vegas will include a lot of rented movies in the hotel room, shopping, christmas presents exchange, a lot of food, and I am the acting gambling partner for Aunt Evie. She is just as content as I am to sit at the slot machines for hours. She does venture out a bit more to some of the tables without me, however, she did introduce me to video poker last year which did not bring much success. I have found that any machine without a lot of flashing lights and noises that may require any brain waves, is not the machine for me. I have saved up all of my change for the year to be my gambling money which I will turn in tomorrow and see what my limit is. I will let you know how things go. I am just hoping that my favorite machines are still there, Monopoly, DaVinci's Diamonds, and Cows from the Planet Moo (I know this one sounds lame, but it is a big money winner!) I will let you know how it goes and if I find any new machines. Maybe when I come back I will also reveal my gambling strategies.









2 comments:
Jess we have to get together when I'm home for Christmas! I miss you and I will give you a call when I'm home.
I heard you cleaned out Vegas, even the Oasis hurried and shut their doors before you guys drove through!! Teach me your skills, I need to learn from the master.
Post a Comment