As I have discussed previously, we had a garden this year. I would love to say that as we planted this garden we performed all of the necessary research on spacing, production, sunlight, water, etc, but we didn't. We kind of winged it. Considering I'm married to a farmer I assume that they just know this stuff. While Kade did a fabulous job using his inner planting senses, we did not imagine how much zucchini we would have. So I took it upon myself to find my favorite Zucchini bread recipe.
I really am going to miss fresh veggies out of the garden now that fall is on it's way. However, I really enjoy fall.
1. I love jackets! There is something that just makes me feel sassy when I am wearing a cute jacket. I just feel complete.
2. The air seems fresh. There is something wonderful about taking walks, sitting on the porch, or even working in the yard in the fall. Although I love summer, I don't do the whole sweating thing so once it is cool I don't mind exerting myself while outside.
3. Obviously the colors.
4. Back to School. This was the first fall that I didn't have to go to school and while Kade thinks I'm crazy, I miss it. I have been subbing which has been great.
5. I get to see my husband more. Summer is such a busy time for him.








3 comments:
My personal favorite was the zucchini we cooked in the fire the other night... YUM!
Okay...zuchinni tips.....
1) Cracker-crumb zucchini (slice the zucchini into rounds, dip them in egg, then dip them in cracker crumbs....lay them on a cookie sheet, sprinkle some butter and S&P over the top of them, and stick
them in the oven! Voila! DELISH!
2) Stuffed Zucchini (my mom always makes it, but I never have yet....but here's a recipe from online i found: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Stuffed-Zucchini/Detail.aspx
Gotta love the zucchini harvest...they grow by the second!
PS Your zucchini bread looks good... :) makes me wanna make some.
I am not good at the sweaty thing either. Bring on Fall!
Post a Comment