Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Help...

I have a few items of business that I need some advice on....
1. Does anyone know of any remedies for vertigo? Lately, while working graves my equilibrium gets a little off. While I'm sure it is entertaining to watch me wobble and almost run into walls while doing bed checks, I am not a fan. The other day I actually got so nauseated I threw up. This is not something that I would like to continue. I figure there has to be some cure out there. Don't say sleep! The aforementioned throw up actually occurred after sleeping.

2. Kade and I are going to Denver in October to attend a Bronco's game. Now, there is some information that you need to know. Last year we went to a game at the end of August. I was just a couple of months pregnant and we decided to drive to save money. I'm not sure if it was the hormones or the drive but I detested the entire state of Wyoming and everything about that drive. I vowed that I would never drive again or even think about Wyoming without cuss words coming to mind (this excludes Jackson Hole). We flew in December when we went again and it was fabulous. Now, to the present, we are currently strapped for cash so I told Kade that I would be willing to drive. I'm not even going to go in to how awesome of a wife this makes me because I'm sure he already knows. So, my point, I am trying to get myself excited and give myself reasons how this can be a positive experience. I have only come up with two. 1) I can get a 50 cent ice cream cone at Little America. 2) We can stop at some outlets we found on the drive home. While I love ice cream and shopping it is going to take more than that to get me there so let me know if you have any road trip tips.

Molly update:
She is a total spaz. She is stills squealing like crazy and is learning that high pitched screams get attention quickly. She is getting frustrated by the fact that she can't eat grown up food. She actually tries to sit up while nursing as if she is too grown up to lay down and relax. If you are eating food while holding her she opens her mouth every time you take a bite. She still loves to drink from my water bottles. She gives big slobbery kisses, this might go back to the food thing, maybe she thinks somehow she will get food. She loves her feet and is constantly trying to eat them. She thinks her dad is hilarious. She can somehow reach everything even though she is not mobile. She still hates tummy time and I am really bad about having tummy time, therefore she may never crawl or roll over. She just pushes up and yells. She loves "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". Today she was playing with the remote and changed the channel accidentally to UEN which had some weird claymation counting show for kids in Spanish and she started laughing and thought it was the best thing ever. I try to read a book in Spanish to her a couple times a week. Kade wants me to speak as much Spanish to her as I can. I hear arguments for and against this but I figure the more words she hears the better, who cares what language. She is becoming very feisty, with that comes a lot of fun but also a lot of attitude. I will post pictures soon.

7 comments:

Wes and Dani said...

I don't have road trip tips...but we are going to Denver in November (driving) so you'll have to let me know how it goes....

Melissa said...

The only thing that gets me through long road trips is eating lots of treats and diet coke. Try taking some sleeping pills or something and sleep the whole way...

I love that molly is a sassy spaz!! I just love it. Sassy spazes are the best. Don't worry about the tummy time addison hated it too so i never made her do it and she rolled at 5mos and crawled at 8mos! She was fine. Also it is nicer when they don't roll cuz then they can't roll of the bed. Whenever i was worried about milestones my sil would say, shes not going to go to kindergarten not walking/talking/crawling/etc so don't worry about it. I guess if she gets that old and still doesn't roll over then you should be concerned!!

{amy k.} said...

for the vertigo... I've heard that drinking plenty of fluids helps, not sure how true that is. But I would say if it lasts a long time to ask your doctor.

And the road trips- have you ever tried listening to books on cd? that can help. And when in doubt Jeff and I play the ABC game... sometime it takes a looong time to get to Z.


good luck with all of it!

Mike and Kim said...

Hey! Mike had vertigo once and it really freaked me out! He was in the car and had to pull over. Well, we didn't see a doctor, just asked his brother who is a doctor and he said there was nothing he knew of at the time to treat it. Just sleeping it off....(I know you didn't want to hear that) But he was in school at the time so who knows if new info has come out on it. SO sorry for you! Also, Wyoming is TERRIBLE to drive through. We have to go that way on our way home too. My only advice is, bring a good book or two and maybe some movies to watch on the way. Good Luck!

Marybeth said...

I've recently become a connoisseur of herbal remedies (not by choice mind you). There is some research that shows Ginko Biloba is helpful with vertigo. You could always give it a whirl.

I am hoping to become the herbal medicine queen soon. Just call me the witch doctor.

Lynette said...

I pumped while driving to Couer d Alene with my family and that kept Vanessa happy. We also ate lots of treats and stopped often. My mom loves books on tape while driving, but Jon isn't really a fan, so I don't know about those...

The Ropers said...

I would talk to a ENT doc about the vertigo, I work in a therapy office and we treat a lot of patients who suffer from vertigo.