Go AGGIES!!!
I have to give a shout out to the Aggies who got on the score board the other night against the U. Now some of you may not think this is much of an accomplishment, well it is. After having attended USU for 5 years (yup took me 5 years, don't want to talk about it) I learned what being a true fan is. I didn't go to the games to watch them win, I went to the game to support the team, and maybe to meet boys in my single days, but mostly to support the team and just have a good time. I can probably count on one hand how many home games USU won while I attended. Football definitely isn't our selling point. This year there are some big expectations placed on the team because of the new coach. But don't you worry, aggies, I will still support you when you completely disapoint. Always have and always will. Now, you will have the support of this little sassy pants as well.
Some issues:
- I have had something on my mind for a little while and the other night I was discussing it with a friend. I think it is time to send it out into the cyberworld. The issue of working moms. It seems to be an area where most people have an opinion. I don't think either side of the issue is right or wrong. However, I do feel that it is a personal opinion and everyone should do what is best for them and not judge other people. We, as women, have a serious problem with judging other women when it comes to motherhood. I discussed this when I talked about nursing. Bottom line, you are a better mother when you do what is best for you in your situation. I know some women who are not happy unless they have an outlet, I know others who are not happy unless they can stay home with their kids, while others may not have the option. We need to remember that we don't know about others situations or needs. Just worry about yourself and the decisions you want to make for your family. We need to support each other instead of tearing each other down to justify our own decisions.
- I think it is really sad that we live in a country in which people would not allow their child to listen to a speech by their president. I'm sorry but anyone who thinks President Obama is going to take this opportunity to push his "socialist agenda" on the youth of America is just dumb. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone but it's true. I guarantee you he will not discuss policy. He will encourage kids to work hard and stay in school. It is an opportunity for them to hear from the leader of the greatest country in the world. What an experience. Our kids need to be taught to respect the office of the President of the United States, whether their parents agree with his positions or not. No republicans threw a fit when Reagan and Papa Bush did this.
- Molly- Molly is eating her cereal like a champ and I think we are ready for some baby food. She is so stinkin funny and I laugh out loud all day. I still feel like I can never get anything done but maybe that is just how you feel forever after you become a mom. She jabbers a lot! She whines now instead of cries, unless she is really mad or trying to get your attention. She has started noticing when I leave the room even for a second and lets me know. She also has become a little sensitive about strangers. She takes after her mother when it comes to sleep, noisy and restless. She will let out a random yell or start whining and she will still be asleep. I still have to keep her in her straight jacket to sleep. She discovered the cats at my parents and was pretty fascinated with them. She squeals instead of laughs. She will do short laughs but mostly just squeal and it is getting very loud! She has graduated to a high chair and loves it. I think she feels as though she is part of the group and often tries to join in the conversation with the afore mentioned squeals. She loves balls, or at least I think she does. When you put a ball in front of her she gets a very serious look on her face and slaps it as hard as she can until it goes too far for her to get it. She will do this over and over again. She will be the athlete her mother never was. She has recently became extremely interested in her feet and loves to grab them and pull them. I never thought I would this much fun with a little munchkin.








7 comments:
I agree with the working mom thing.. just like I agreed with the breastfeeding thing. And, technically I don't know if I have a place to agree considering I'm not a mom so I don't have actualy experience with the two topics... but I know enough moms and I'm a woman, and I try to be sensitive to other's needs... and hearing other people talk about how this person or that person isn't doing the right thing makes me sad because like you said... everybody has their own right thing!
And Molly is adorable! I love that she squeals, squealing is cute! :)
I love to read your blog Jess. I love how your mind thinks about issues and justice. The many diverse topics and opinions we can learn about while traveling here on earth only makes us more interesting and a greater leader. I agree with you about how each mother needs to decide what is best for own family. No one should judge that but God. We think we are rearing our children but the opposite is true. You will learn more from Molly than she will ever learn from you. You have taught me so much in the last 21 years and I love you for it.
Totally agree with you, especially on the speech thing. I just told Tim the same thing! I can't believe that people are actually comparing it to what Hitler did in Germany! People are CRAZY!!!
Oh good old Utah State football! I also support the team even though we are terrible :) I totally agree with you on President Obama speaking to the youth.... probably would be a good thing, but some people in this country are just crazy!
Molly looks adorable in that outfit. I completely agree with you on the mom's working thing. Everyone's situation is so different and we are not to Judge. I believe in one of the most recent Ensign's there is an article about women receiving an education because you never know if you'll need to step up and support your family. Who knows what the future holds and also other situations. I too have a very strong option about it and it drives me CRAZY when people think and judge otherwise. Lets really listen to our leaders of the church people!
Jess, I have to admit I was sceptical about Obama's speech idea. But I was pleasantly surprised when I read through it on line (out of curiosity, since I don't have a school aged kid or teach).
Molly looks adorable and you'll have some more cute pics to post soon!!
Post a Comment