Sunday, March 1, 2009

Swollen

I have to say that pregnancy has not been as bad as I thought it would be. I haven't really blogged about it because I have felt fine. But I am in the complaining mood so be prepared... The two months I puked every night all night were pretty bad but once I got passed that I felt that I was going to make it. Starting a month or two ago I was having a little bit of swelling but everything else looked good and as long as I drank a lot of water and put my feet up it went away. I hit the 34 week mark last week and I swear I woke up one morning and my whole body had doubled in size. I could barely make a fist with my fingers. I affectionately refer to my fingers as my sausage rolls. I also woke up with a wicked cold and sore throat. I went to work and afterwards went to the hospital to have my blood pressure checked. It was a little higher than normal but nothing to worry about. So I went home and drank more water, layed down, did nothing, woke up the next day.... still there. I had a dr appt and everything still looked great so apparantly I'm just one of those people that swells. So don't expect any pictures because I saw a picture of myself yesterday and I'm pretty sure my whole face including my lips are swollen. Thanks for letting me complain....

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Haha... oh Jessica. I'm sorry!! I swelled REALLY bad with mine as well. I swear just a few days after I delivered I had already lost like 20 pounds because it was all swelling.

Marybeth said...

Every time I see a pregnant woman with what I refer to as "elephant feet" I feel a wave of sympathy. At least it's not hot. I remember when Christina was swollen, expecting the twins and trying to survive through a very hot July! You're almost there. BTW, congrats on the teaching job!!

Carly said...

I stop reading blogs for a few weeks...and i come back and everyone is procreating! I had no idea you were pregnant. Congrats! That is exciting...you are going to be wonderful.

Melissa said...

honey, pregnant women deserve to complain. You are a way better sport than me. I complained DAILY! Kristi is right, two days after you leave the hospital, you will have lost twenty pounds. Its sweet. But once all the water is gone is when you notice your once toned muscles have turned to jelly... or maybe that was just my lazy butt!

Larson Family said...

Oh poor you! I totally swelled up too. It sucks in the moment and you will hate any pictures of yourself pregnant, but I bet you will lose all that water very quickly and be quite pleased. You probably still look darling though!

Ariel said...

Hang in there, Jess. The swelling is truly terrible, but the good news is that being miserable over the last few weeks helps you get over your fear of labor and just wish it would come already.

Mike and Kim said...

I'm sure pregnancy can be really hard. But just remember how lucky you are to be there. It will be worth it when she comes. Good luck!

Amy + Justin said...

geez, jess, this is just what you get for not practicing abstinence...consider this a valuable lesson. I know what you mean, though, I'm not swollen yet (something extra fun to look forward to), but pregnancy isn't so fun. I just keep hoping my offspring is worth it.

This Idaho Girl said...

Make sure to take a picture. I did and I'm still aghast at how swollen I was and how horrible 200 lbs looks on me (it's good motivation not to let yourself get fat). The good news is that puffiness is just water. Hang in there! Congrats on your job. Probably a good idea not to allow confessions. All of those kids are my former students. Tell them hi from me. Oh, and I totally agree about Tatiana. Someone needs to slap her.