Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Twilight....

I have been watching a few movies lately. There is definitely something special about watching Girls Just Want to Have Fun at 9:00 AM. Yesterday I watched Twilight. Yes, I've read the books and enjoyed them and saw it in the theatre. I had some issues with it when I saw it but I had reconciled my issues with certain scenes and characters a while ago. I look at it now as just good entertainment, not necessarily a proper representation of the books. Anyway, when I read the books I had imagined Edward very differently than the actor they chose. I wanted him to be manly and defined. I feel like Robert Pattinson is a little awkward and definitely does not have muscles. Especially the scene in the meadow where he shows his chest, I felt like I was looking at a 12 year old boy with a few awkwardly placed chest hairs. I had gotten over this until I watched it again. I am still struggling. Kade and I watch Friday Night Lights (the TV show) faithfully and there is a character named Tim Riggins who I have had a strong connection with from the beginning. When I read the books this is who I had in my head as Edward and I am having a hard time overcoming this. Let me know what you think. I'm seriously considering contacting the casting directors.


9 comments:

Tami said...

My opinion: The guy in the pic you posted would make a much better Edward as far as looks. Although, I may not be one to talk, since I could only stand to watch about a half hour of the movie. But yeah, thats just not how I pictured Edward looking.

Melissa said...

yeah he has nice muscles! i am not a fan of twilight... books or movie. I read the books, cuz I read like every book, but didn't love them. and i saw the movie and like the books that it was pretty bad. But entertaining. They should have had shemar moore be edward. num.

Unknown said...

I don't like the chosen Edward either. I thought Edward should look like Clark Kent from the TV, Smallville.

Mike and Kim said...

I just got that movie to Jess. I loved the books, movies never do justice though. Edward is a little weird looking, however I do think he looks like a vampire. I keep having to tell my self that he's a vampire and they did a pretty good job about making him look like a vampire and good looking. But, he's really not what I pictured him at all. I was picturing someone much hotter. The person who plays Bella kinda bugs me too. It's just hard when you picture them one way and then someone else imagines them as something else.

anne said...

O yes...there are a LOT better actors out there to play Edward. I just wasn't a fan of the guy they chose. In fact, I don't know anyone who is. I usually don't like it in sequals when they get different actors, but I would be in favor of it for this movie. :)

This Idaho Girl said...

HE is attractive. There was a problem with all of the vampires: too much makeup. Can you say low budget film? I agree, it was entertaining. I just get really annoyed with grown, married women having imaginary affairs with Edward. Come on, people, it's just a book.

Unknown said...

Hey, This is Meggan. I love your post and I think you should consider making that call. I love Friday Night Lights and Tim is my Fav so I agree!! Hope you are doing well.

Caitlin said...

I pictured Edward as younger version of Dr. McSteamy from Grey's. Strong, square jawline, rugged, etc... Good choice :)

Wes and Dani said...

Yup I agree. I hate the guy playing Edward he makes a much better Cedric Diggory LOL. :) Your pic is MUCH more appropriate. Yes please get them to cast him next time!