Wow, what a game. Tonight we got to go the the USU vs. BYU football game. I usually anticipate the game with excitement but with the knowledge that we are going to lose but it sure is fun to see the signs that USU students make. I don't know why but it seems like somehow the rivalry has become not about the sport but more about how happy USU students are that they don't have an honor code and would like to rub that in at every opportunity. Anyway, it is always great but tonight it was especially great when the Aggies pulled out a win. However, while the game was very exciting and I thoroughly enjoyed the idiot a few seats down, who may or may not have been drunk, yelling at the BYU players on the sideline, there were a few things that disappointed/annoyed me.
#1. The fact that USU charged $10.00 for parking. Ridiculous! They usually charge $5 which I am always hesitant but still willing to pay. Just because you know those lots will be full doesn't mean you can take advantage and charge more. Complete rip off. I guess I just feel that parking should cost the same no matter who the Aggies are playing. Is that too much to ask?
#2. The announcer for the band. Now, some of you might be thinking, "this is a dumb thing to complain about." Well, you obviously haven't been to an Aggie game at home. He comes over the speaker to announce the USU marching band. That, in itself, is not a bad thing. I can understand why they would announce this. However, this guy seems to talk for about 5 minutes. He discusses the background of the music, why they chose it, why the Aggie marching band has such great spirit, etc. Then in this annoying/trying to be masculine voice he does a long drawn out "your Aggie marching band".
#3. The lady with the cow bell.....you know who you are.
#4. This isn't a complaint/disapointment/annoyance but I have been curious about this for some time. Do the flag girls or is it colorguard (sorry, don't know what they are called) get full scholarships?
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Go Aggies!
Posted by Kade & Jess at 4:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Jess--I can't say this for a fact, but I highly doubt the flag girls (color guard..whatever) get much of anything. I know that even the most highly sought after band members barely get much scholarship.
Even some sports get the shaft. When I was running track for USU there were only about 4 girls on full ride. The rest of us got books or fees or nothing!
Am I a bad person if I admit that I don't like doing the scottsman?
Oh sweet victory!
mostly i love that all of your complaints have nothing to do with the actual game of football. hilarious...the cow bell lady.
Post a Comment