With the wonderful fall weather and Halloween wrapping up, it is time to vote! I love voting, I think it is exciting, fulfilling and fun. I am very worried about our country today, it is so very divided. I always dreamt of a third party becoming prominant, and it has. However, I always hoped that third party would emerge in the middle and represent the silent majority. I don't think this is the case but if some people feel that their voice is now heard that is what matters. I just hope that no matter the politics that people can work together, come together with honest discussion and the realization that political opinions are just that, opinions, not one of us is right because there isn't a right (correct). That's right, even me, I sure don't have all of the answers. I am disgusted when I see people being attacked because of their political beliefs, people being threatened at the polls. This is not who we are. We are a country of immigrants and a people of diverse religions yet some are trampling on the very rights this country was created to protect. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, they have a vote to. Just because they may not use that vote the same way, doesn't make them wrong. I hope that no matter your politics you get involved and vote.
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Well said Jess!
I agree Jess. It is so sad how divided our country is. I'm so sick of all the political commercials here because all they do is attack eachother! I would like someone to just give an honest statement about what they will do for this country/State rather than point out all the wrongs in someone else.
Post a Comment