Monday, October 4, 2010

Graveyard Gab....guilty pleasures.

Lately I have noticed that I have quite a few guilty pleasures. Maybe it is time I get them off my chest.


Music:
-I can't get enough of Kings of Leon. There is something about the rawness (is that a word?) of his voice. You can feel the passion. I can really only compare my feelings to the way I feel about Gavin Rossdale, which is saying a lot.
-This one may be a little more embarrassing but I don't think anyone actually reads my blog anyway so I'm going for it. Enrique Iglesias' "Do You Know", freaking awesome. It is one of my favorite songs to listen to on the drive home at 7 am. I have no problem belting that one out and dancing my little heart out to it. It is a great workout song for anyone looking (MB).

Food:
- Cheetos Puffs. Need I say more? They are the most wonderful overly processed orange foods on the market. I have to admit that I don't love how big they are but this doesn't stop me from wanting to eat a whole bag in one sitting. It is a problem.
- Buttermilk syrup....oh, and I guess waffles with it. This stuff is like liquid crack. After a friend gave me the recipe a few weeks ago Kade and I have both become huge fans! You just have to forget that you are basically just eating butter and sugar.

TV Shows:
- Gilmore Girls. I still DVR every episode on ABC Family. I don't even know how many times I have seen every season. It is always delightful and witty. It is the perfect show to watch while getting ready everyday.
- Modern Family. I don't think I even need to explain this one. There aren't too many characters in television that can make me laugh harder than Phil.

Books:
- Lately anything by Philippa Gregory fascinates me. I get completely wrapped up in it and sometimes after I read I feel like I have been watching a movie instead of reading a book.
- On the note of Philippa Gregory, I have just been obsessed with anything somewhat Medieval Era. What a terrible yet fascinating time. No matter how bad your life is now, you are always grateful that you were born in Modern times after reading anything about that time. I recently read Pillars of the Earth and am now reading World Without End. I have to admit that I had a hard time getting into the second because it felt as though I was reading the first one all over again just placed 200 years later. But it is getting better.

2 comments:

Marybeth said...

First, thanks for the song suggestion....downloading as we speak.
Second, cheetos rule.
Third, you should really watch how I met your mother--it's hilarious (and Enrique makes a guest appearance in one of the seasons).

Melissa said...

It that the Ping Pong Song? I love how it starts out!

The way you describe your feelings for Kings of Leon is exactly how i feel about the Killers. Not the rawness or whatever, but there music really moves me... It is so hard to explain and josh always laughs at me when i try to, but for me the killers (especially LIVE) are a spiritual experience!
I just bought some cheeto puffs! So excited! :)
LOVE YOU!