She is more fun everyday and I can't believe how fast they develop and how smart they are. She likes her toys more and more everyday. Her favorite is a little dragonfly looking thing that lights up and plays twinkle twinkle little star. She loves to be sung to, she will usually sit in her bumbo while I clean or cook and as long as I'm singing to her she will just hang out with me. I'm starting to get sick of the usual songs so if anyone has any suggestions, pass them along.
The rice cereal has really become an event. She loves it and tries to eat the spoon. She will grab onto it and just suck on it. Once I get the spoon back, the hands go in the mouth and she just sucks like crazy hoping that food will come out of them somehow. While this makes it quite difficult to get the spoon back in, it is rather entertaining.
Naps are quite the adventure. Even though she sleeps through the night and has for several months, the whole napping concept still hasn't caught on. No matter how tired she is she fights sleep in the day. I have to hold her, put the blanket next to her face, binkie in mouth, bounce ridiculously and sway from side to side. She will then do this constant whine noise, usually with her eyes closed, until sleep overtakes her. While this may be a good work out for my thighs, it is a tremendous waste of time considering she usually only naps for about 30 minutes. Sometimes, if I catch her before she completely wakes up, I can rock her back to sleep. Every now and then I will get a good nap out of her but not usually. I just have to remind myself that she sleeps through the night and that is priority.
*Funny story for the day: Kade loves to scare me, so today while I was cooking lunch he came in from work and waited around the corner of the hallway. Of course, as I walked through he jumped out and I let out a nice scream. After a little delay, poor Molly, who was on the floor playing, started screaming. It was the sad scream too. She calmed down after Kade picked her up and I told her I was ok. I am just glad to know that she is on my side and now I have someone to defend me against her dad's antics.








4 comments:
I love that story. You and Molly are BFF! Come down and I will teach you all the songs I know. It might take a few weeks. Bring a recorder. Love you... Mom Jo
Aww that little green outfit she has on is so cute! :) Love it. :) Little girls seem like so much fun. :)
that crazy kade! by the way, I love the picture of you two---so cute. Jonas sleeps really well at night, too, but refuses to during the day. If you find something that works, pass it along.
Post a Comment