Disclaimer: I continue to title my posts when I am working the grave as Graveyard Gab to warn everyone of what is coming. I cannot always guarantee complete coherence of said posts.
While I have many subjects on my mind at the moment I will start with Molly and hope that this subject distracts me. Molly is officially 4 months old. We went to the Dr. on Monday for her check up and immunizations.
Her Stats (I always thought it was dumb that parents kept track of percentiles until I became one, so bear with me.)
weight: 14 lbs. 9 oz. 72 percentile
height: 24 1/2 inches 61 percentile
head: I can't remember 62 percentile
While my daughter may be on the slightly portley side, I am comforted in the fact that she is proportional. She was a perfect angel during the check up, smiling and talking to the Dr. She continued smiling as the nurse got the shots ready. She kept her eyes on me as I stood at her side. She smiled, babbled and then suddenly as the needle penetrated the skin she lost all expression, stared blankly, then it came. The saddest face, scrunched up nose, closed eyes, and the scream. Then what followed was even worse, she opened those eyes, crying, looking at me as if she wanted to implore why, as her mother, would I ever let someone do that to her. It took some time to reassure her that I still loved her and I think now she has completely forgotten the incident or at least stored it away only to resent me for it later as any good daughter would do.
Molly continues to change so rapidly. We have recently introduced the exersaucer into her daily entertainment which has been successful. She also enjoys pulling her mothers hair, staring at jamal, laying underneath trees and just being outside in general, she enjoys watching the Daily Show with her mother each morning (she is already very poltically aware, I couldn't be prouder). Her best friend is still the wall hanging but I think my hand is coming in at a close second. She is still startled when someone sneezes or belches, this includes when she performs one of these herself. She is grabbing objects and pulling them to her mouth but usually misses and hits herself in the head and then thinks that whoever is holding her is at fault. She loves to try to drink mom's water bottle and dad's soda (yes I am a terrible mother). She is liking the bath more and more but still doesn't understand who gave her mother permission to do the whole lather up with lotion and dress routine. She still poops through her diaper at least once a day. We are starting rice cereal and her mother is excited for the day when some of it actually makes it to her throat. She is a very busy baby and always has to be able to see whats going on. She hasn't really tried to roll over but kicks like crazy which I think can be considered parental abuse. When she is on her tummy she just tries to push forward instead of turn over. She is a healthy, happy, sassy little girl. I will post some pictures when I am home.
Now, for any of you who have made it through all of the babbling, I'm curious to know who has seen the documentary, The Right America, Feeling Wronged. This is the subject matter I wanted to rant about but I was afraid I would upset some of you. Let me know if you have seen it and if so, what you thought.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Graveyard Gab....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
belching at the Tarbet house, I don't believe it! also, I haven't seen the documentary, but you can bet I'll be adding it to my netflix.
i am just hoping molly inherits her daddys politics and not her mommas! How are you one of my favorite people ever and you are the dread "D" word... :) love ya and I am glad to hear that molly is thriving!!!
Post a Comment